This guide is a detailed checklist that will walk you through, step by step, exactly how to set up the Salesforce integration. When you’re finished, you will be able to use Chargify through Salesforce.
- Chargify Feature
- Salesforce Integration
- You Need
- A Salesforce account (Salesforce Developer, Enterprise, and Unlimited plans). Familiarity with Salesforce settings, specifically editing objects.
This step-by-step guide will help with the installation process.
1. Install the application package
Complete these steps to install the package.
- Install Chargify application from Salesforce app exchange Help
- Assign Permission Sets Help
- Add Remote Site Settings for Your Chargify Sites Help
- Connecting the integration to a Chargify site Help
- Data Validation Report Help
2. Configuring data synchronization options
Set up the synchronization options for the Salesforce integration. Please review the configuration options and make necessary changes before clicking “Turn On Integration”. These settings will determine sync timings as well as what is synced between Chargify and Salesforce.
A few things to note how the sync works. The batch sync setting below will determine when data is pulled by Salesforce from Chargify using our API using the batch job timing setup in configuration. Any changes in Salesforce will immediately be synced over to Chargify.
NOTE: The settings are pre-configured for you, and you can keep defaults. But you do have the option to change settings to meet your workflow needs.
- Batch sync timing options. Help
- Customer sync options Help
- Product Catalog sync options Help
- Subscription sync options Help
- Transactions sync options Help
3. Enable the integration
This step will enable the integration and start syncing with the Chargify site(s).
- Enable Integration Help
4. Configure your Salesforce layouts
The final installation steps are to configure the layouts for your Salesforce - Chargify views by adding the Chargify action buttons and fields which you want to have in your Chargify - Salesforce integration.
The following are recommended steps, but you can decide to add or not add fields and buttons per your workflow requirements.
- Setup ‘Account’ Layout Help
- Setup ‘Contact’ Layout Help
- Setup ‘Product’ Layout Help
- Setup ‘Opportunity’ Layout Help
- Setup ‘Opportunity Product’ Layout Help
- Setup ‘Chargify Subscription’ Layout Help
5. Review your finished installation
Click through your now-installed Salesforce Integration, and make sure everything seems correct. If you've missed something, review steps 1-4 above.
Optional - Enable custom offer signup pages
Custom Offer Signup Page is an externally available offer summary page, that can be shared with the customer for secured self-signup. The custom offer page can be accessed from Opportunity > Subscription Preview > "Generate Signup Link". Set up Custom Offer Signup Pages.
Optional - Set up CPQ
These steps are required if you plan on enabling CPQ functionality in Salesforce. Once completed you will find new options in your quote configuration screen that will allow you to add subscriptions to the quote. Set up CPQ.