Availability & Requirements
- Works with test and production HubSpot accounts
- Only available using Advanced Billing Relationship Invoicing
- Supports Multi-Site
- Supports Multi-Currency
- Available on HubSpot Starter, Professional, and Enterprise Plans
Future iterations of the integration are making use of Products which require HubSpot Professional or Enterprise. The HubSpot Free and Starter plans offer users the ability to synchronize the data between Advanced Billing customer records and HubSpot Contact records. However, users on the starter plan will have limited in functionality.
We strongly recommend testing the integration in a HubSpot Test account prior to enabling it in production. The most common issues that arise from using the integration are connecting to the wrong HubSpot account or finding the filter activity to display the Advanced Billing timeline events.
The user configuring the integration must have a Super Admin role in HubSpot and an Admin role in Advanced Billing. Please make sure you have the right user roles before getting started.
In order to use multiple currencies on HubSpot deals, multi-currency must be configured in HubSpot and in the Advanced Billing before connecting. Additionally, if you want to make use of Advanced Billing Custom Fields as HubSpot Custom Properties you will need to create those before connecting. More details below.
Advanced Billing Setup
- Enable the desired currencies, Config > Settings > Multi-Currency. Set up multi-currency.
- Create Advanced Billing custom fields inside the Advanced Billing User interface, if you desire these to become HubSpot (Deal/Contact) Custom Properties, Config > Custom Fields > Create Custom Field.
- Build your Product, Components, Coupons, Price Points, definitive pricing. Ensure the Advanced Billing Product Catalog is ready before turning the integration on.
- Ensure the feature flag for the integration has been removed, Config > Integrations > HubSpot.
Enable the desired currencies, Settings > Account Defaults > Currency. Setting up multi-currency
HubSpot requires a default exchange rate to be entered. However, the Floating Exchange Rate setting in Advanced Billing can be used to handle automatic currency conversion in the product catalog. The integration will handle both Floating Rates and Custom Rates as long as these are configured within Advanced Billing.
Connecting the integration to an Advanced Billing Site
The integration will make use of an API key from Advanced Billing for the site to be integrated with the HubSpot account.
- Login to you Advanced Billing account and select the Site you want to connect.
- Navigate to the HubSpot Integration tab, Config > Integrations > HubSpot.
- Click Connect to HubSpot. You will need to be logged into HubSpot.
- Configure your data syncing options.
- Select the HubSpot Account that you want to connect to and click Choose Account.
- Click the Connect App and Confirm Authorization of Application.
After the setup and connection process you can navigate to your HubSpot Product Library in order to confirm that your Advanced Billing Product catalog is now available, Settings > Objects >Products.
Additionally, you can force the Advanced Billing Catalog to re-sync through the “re-sync product catalog” action available in the Advanced Billing user-interface, Config > Integrations > HubSpot.
If a currency was missed, start the setup process from the start to align the enabled currencies between Advanced Billing and HubSpot. The product sync job will update the currency conversion every 15min but in the case that you need an immediate update, click the "Re-sync Product Catalog" Action like mentioned above.
HubSpot Setup Continued
A few properties will need to be exposed on the Deal and Customer records inside the HubSpot User Interface. Once the integration has been set up successfully, a few administrative steps are necessary for these fields to be most easily visible and available some steps are listed below.
- Inside the HubSpot UI, go to Settings > Objects > Deals > Setup and select Choose property fields for new deals.
- Navigate to the Record Custimazation tab and manage the different views that your team sees for deal records.
Select necessary fields as shown below.
Ensure that all necessary properties are checked and available for each of the views desired.
- Net Terms
- Collection Method
- First Billing Date
- Send Invoice Emails
- Self-Service Page
- Any Advanced Billing Custom Fields associated to the Subscription Source Type
- Click Save.
To display The Advanced Billing customer record properties on HubSpot Contacts, complete the following steps in HubSpot.
- Inside the HubSpot UI, go to Settings > Objects > Contacts > Setup and select Choose property fields for new contacts.
- Navigate to the Record Custimazation tab and manage the different views that your team sees for Contact records.
Select necessary fields as shown below.
Search for and check each of the following:
- CC Emails
- Tax Exempt
- VAT Number
- Any Advanced Billing Custom Fields associated to the Customer Source Type
- Click Save.
Product catalog to Product Library
“Enable sync of Product Catalog from Advanced Billing to HubSpot” : The admin users will be able to enable the Advanced Billing Product Catalog Sync for one or more Advanced Billing Sites. This will ultimately allow the users to leverage Advanced Billing Sites to segment revenue streams.
Customer to Contact
“Enable sync of customer data from Advanced Billing to HubSpot - If an existing HubSpot contact is found with the same email address” : The admin users will be able to enable the customer data sync and determine whether they would like to “do not update” or “override all the contact fields”.
If there are multiple Advanced Billing customers with the same email address HubSpot will not consume a duplicate contact. We currently take the last customer and ignore all other duplicates since the HubSpot contact must be unique.
Create deals in HubSpot when subscriptions are created
The admin users can select whether the integration will auto-create deals in HubSpot when subscriptions are created inside Advanced Billing using the Advanced Billing public signup pages.
- Include Components as line items to include any recurring quantity line items, or one time charges
Create deals in HubSpot when existing subscriptions’ component allocations increase
Select whether the integration will auto-create deals in HubSpot when existing subscriptions’ component allocations increases
The deal amount for component allocation change should be set to
The user will select what values will construct the deal record “deal amount” property. Whether this is the prorated amount or the full amount for a mid period component allocation.
Determine where newly created deals upon signup_success will land
Enable your support and client services teams by providing Subscription Management Functionality within the HubSpot UI
- Enable “Clear Pending Cancellation” Action
- Enable “Give/Deduct Service Credit” Action
- Enable “Initiate Cancellation” Action
- Enable “Put On Hold” Action
- Enable “Reactivate Subscription” Action
- Enable “Record Payment” Action
- Enable “Resume Subscription” Action
Timeline Events Automations
Enable Advanced Billing Events to be visible as HubSpot timeline events on your contact and deal records:
- Create “Payment Success” Timeline Event
- Create “Payment Failure” Timeline Event
- Create “Subscription State Change” Timeline Event
- Create “Subscription Product Change” Timeline Event
- Create “Expiring Card” Timeline Event
- Create “Component Allocation Change” Timeline Event
- Create “Upgrade/Downgrade Success” Timeline Event
- Create “Upgrade/Downgrade Failure” Timeline Event
- Create “Refund Success” Timeline Event
- Create “Refund Failure” Timeline Event
- Create “Invoice Issued” Timeline Event