Availability & Requirements
- Works with test and production HubSpot accounts
- Only available using Chargify Relationship Invoicing
- Supports Multi-Site
- Supports Multi-Currency
- Available on HubSpot Starter, Professional, & Enterprise Plans
We strongly recommend testing the integration in a HubSpot Test account prior to enabling it in production. The most common issues that arise from using the integration are connecting to the wrong HubSpot account or finding the filter activity to display the Chargify timeline events.
The user configuring the integration must have a ‘Super Admin’ role in HubSpot and an ‘Admin’ role in Chargify. Please make sure you have the right user roles before getting started.
- Enable the desired currencies(Config → Settings → Multi-Currency). Setting up multi-currency
- Create Chargify custom fields inside the Chargify User interface, if you desire these to become HubSpot (Deal/Contact) Custom Properties. (Config → Custom Fields → Create Custom Field)
- Build your Product, Components, Coupons, Price Points, definitive pricing. Ensure the Chargify Product Catalog is ready before turning the integration on.
- Ensure the feature flag for the integration has been removed. (Config → Integrations → HubSpot)
- Enable the desired currencies(Settings → Account Defaults → Currency). Setting up multi-currency
Connecting the integration to a Chargify Site
- Login to you Chargify account and select the Site you want to connect
- Navigate to the HubSpot Integration Tab(Config → Integrations → HubSpot)
- Click on the “Connect to HubSpot” Button. You will need to be logged into HubSpot
- Configure your data syncing options
- Select the HubSpot Account that you want to connect to & click “Choose Account”
- Click the “Connect App” & Confirm Authorizarion of Application
After the setup and connection proccess you can navigate to your HubSpot Product Library in order to confirm that your Chargify Product catalog is now available.(Settings → Objects → Products)
Additionally, you can force the Chargify Catalog to re-sync through the “re-sync product catalog” action available in the Chargify user-interface. (Config → Integrations → HubSpot)
Hubspot Setup Continued..
A few properties will need to be exposed on the Deal and Customer records inside the HubSpot User Interface. Once the integration has been set up successfully, a few administrative steps are necessary for these fields to be most easily visible and available some steps are listed below.
- Inside the HubSpot UI, go to ‘Settings’ → ‘Objects’ → ‘Deals’ → ‘Setup’ and click on ‘Choose property fields for new deals’(select neccesary fields as shown below)
- Navigate to the ‘Record Custimazation’ Tab and manage the different views that your team sees for deal records (select neccesary fields as shown below)
Ensure that all neccesary properties are checked and available for each of the views desired
- Net Terms
- Collection Method
- First Billing Date
- Send Invoice Emails
- Self-Service Page
- Any Chargify Custom Fields associated to the Subscription Source Type
- Click ‘Save’
To display The Chargify customer record properties on HubSpot Contacts, complete the following steps in HubSpot.
- Inside the HubSpot UI, go to ‘Settings’ → ‘Objects’ → ‘Conacts’ → ‘Setup’ and click on ‘Choose property fields for new contacts’.(select neccesary fields as shown below)
- Navigate to the ‘Record Custimazation’ Tab and manage the different views that your team sees for Contact records (select neccesary fields as shown below)
Search for and check each of the following:
- CC Emails
- Tax Exempt
- VAT Number
- Any Chargify Custom Fields associated to the Customer Source Type
- Click ‘Save’
Product catalog to Product Library
- “Enable sync of Product Catalog from Chargify to HubSpot” : The admin users will be able to enable the Chargify Product Catalog Sync for one or more Chargify Sites. This will ultimately allow the users to leverage Chargify Sites to segment revenue streams.
Customer to Contact
- “Enable sync of customer data from Chargify to HubSpot - If an existing HubSpot contact is found with the same email address” : The admin users will be able to enable the customer data sync and determine whether they would like to “do not update” or “override all the contact fields”.
# Deal Automations
“Create deals in HubSpot when subscriptions are created” : The admin users can select whether the integration will auto-create deals in HubSpot when subscriptions are created inside Chargify using the Chargify public signup pages.
- Include Components as line items to include any recurring quantity line items, or one time charges
“Create deals in HubSpot when existing subscriptions’ component allocations increase” : Select whether the integration will auto-create deals in HubSpot when existing subscriptions’ component allocations increases
“The deal amount for component allocation change should be set to” - The user will select what values will construct the deal record “deal amount” property. Whether this is the prorated amount or the full amount for a mid period component allocation.
Determine where newly created deals upon signup_success will land
Enable your support and client services teams by providing Subscription Management Functionality within the HubSpot UI
- Enable “Clear Pending Cancellation” Action
- Enable “Give/Deduct Service Credit” Action
- Enable “Initiate Cancellation” Action
- Enable “Put On Hold” Action
- Enable “Reactivate Subscription” Action
- Enable “Record Payment” Action
- Enable “Resume Subscription” Action
Timeline Events Automations
Enable Chargify Events to be visible as HubSpot timeline events on your contact and deal records
- Create “Payment Success” Timeline Event
- Create “Payment Failure” Timeline Event
- Create “Subscription State Change” Timeline Event
- Create “Subscription Product Change” Timeline Event
- Create “Expiring Card” Timeline Event
- Create “Component Allocation Change” Timeline Event
- Create “Upgrade/Downgrade Success” Timeline Event
- Create “Upgrade/Downgrade Failure” Timeline Event
- Create “Refund Success” Timeline Event
- Create “Refund Failure” Timeline Event
- Create “Invoice Issued” Timeline Event