Bulk Editing Subscriptions
Advanced Billing offers the option to edit multiple subscriptions at a time.
Change Billing Date
- Select the checkboxes next to the subscriptions you’d like to edit.
- Under the Bulk Edit selector, choose Change Billing Date
On the left side of the pop-up, you will be presented with a list of Subscribers that will be affected.
Changing the next billing date & time has the following effects:
- It only affects the next billing date - no billing will be performed on the selected subscriptions until the chosen date and time.
- After the next billing, the selected subscriptions will again be billed according to their products’ recurring period.
- None of the subscriptions’ balances, renewal amounts, or billing periods will be changed.
Next Billing Date
Select the new billing date for all subscriptions
Next Billing Time
Select the radio button to keep the existing billing times. This ensures that the actual timestamp of the billing time will not be changed.
Alternately, select change all billing times to bulk select a new billing timestamp. If you want to move all renewals for the selected subscriptions to the same time, we suggest setting the time to 12:00PM.
- Select Update Subscriptions
For more information on billing dates, please see our documentation here.
- Select the checkbox next to the subscriptions you’d like to edit.
- Under the Bulk Edit selector, choose Change Product
- Select the radio button next to the product that you’d like to move the selected subscribers to in Advanced Billing.
On the left side of the pop-up, you will be presented a list of subscribers that will be affected.
Changing the product has the following effects:
- No proration is done - your customer is not charged or credited at this time (if you wish to have proration, then perform an upgrade/downgrade migration from the individual subscription page).
- The selected product and price point immediately become the current product listed in the Advanced Billing application and API
- The period will not be affected
- The new product’s charges will be assessed at the start of the next period
- Components are unchanged and component charges will be assessed at the start of the next period
- If the subscription is moving to a different price point on the same product, and the new price point expires, then the subscription’s expiration will be calculated from the time it was first created. This could cause some subscriptions to become expired immediately upon product change.
- If the subscription is moving to a completely new product, and the new product expires, then the subscription’s expiration will be calculated from today.
- If the subscription is moving to a product that does not expire, the subscription’s expiration date (if any) will be removed and the subscription will never expire
For more information on product changes, please see our documentation here.
Change Product Price Point
By default, if you change just the product on the listed subscribers, it will move them all to the default price point of the product. To bulk change a group of subscribers to a specific, non-default product price point, you will follow the same steps as above under Change Product. However at this junction, select the blue text that says “Change Price Point.”
After you’ve found the appropriate product in the list, click the blue link and select the price point you wish to switch the selected subscribers to within your Advanced Billing site. Once finished, click “Move to selected product” at the end of the product list.
You’ll easily be able to identify that you have switched a subscriber to the new price point by viewing the subscription. In the example below, we see that the mention of “Original 2” beneath the product name exemplifies this. Clicking on the link will take you to the pricing page for that product.